outlook not responding

Old 10-05-03, 12:11 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outlook not responding

Windows 2000

My outlook express stopped working. When i click on it, i get the hourglass arrow, then nothing. The service msimn.exe shows up in task manager processes, but i get nothing. I installed outlook from office xp, and i get the interface, but then nothing. When i go to close it, i get message that the program is not responding. Uninstalled, and reinstalled, with reboots, same thing. Is there a service that should be turned on,or something else?It's not even getting fully loaded.....ok, i got outlook working, but still not outlook express. Should i just go with that, or try to fix it. Any thoughts?

Old 10-05-03, 01:31 PM
C
Office for XP is supposed to run on Windows 2000.

Outlook is supposed to be better than Express. It has more features. It may be that Outlook and Outlook Express require fine-tuning to run on the same system.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-05-03, 04:31 PM
Visiting Guest
ok...here's the deal....i cant use outlook express(as stated above) and i cant use outlook. I click on it and it brings up main window, then nothing. I go to close it and get the "program not responding" message.....But....if i click on the outlook express icon, then click on the outlook icon, it works. any ideas why this is? maybe this is somehow related to my not being able to log on to this forum under my other name? Some box poped up just now and said something about switching logon or dual logon/profiles? it was to fast for me to read. huh...no viruses shown by norton.

Old 10-05-03, 06:08 PM
las
Visiting Guest
Outlook express & I could never get along?

I abandoned outlook express a long time ago cause all I ever had was problems with It for one reason or another..You can use hotmail for your default mail.I just use my email program the way It Is?I don't send pics don't Intend to,don't scan don't Intend to,don't do print outs don't Intend to...Well thats just my opinion I know others got to have all these bells and whistles on?

Old 10-06-03, 04:06 AM
B
I used to have that problem, too

Since all family members use outlook, I require passwords for everyone. That forces a second password screen to come up - one is for Roadrunner, the other for the computer.

I found that if I got in a hurry and entered the second password BEFORE outlook finished coming up, it would hang. Now I wait for outlook to finish before pressing enter on the RR password.

Old 10-06-03, 04:44 AM
How do Outlook and Express differ?

Chris: is it similar to Evolution in that it has the calendar, address book, task list, etc?

Ias: I used Express to retrieve my hotmail's mail, LOL. I use Express (when using Windows) to download all my email accounts from the various places I have them so I don't have to keep checking different sites for the mail. Its just easier for me, and I don't always use my regular email account for privacy reasons. The only account I've ever had that I couldn't use Express with is an Aol address.

I must say that I am testing out Evolution, which I think is similar to Outlook and it does have a little more to it than I desire in an email program. I may be switching back to Mozilla just for the simplicity.

Kay

Old 10-06-03, 05:16 AM
C
is it similar to Evolution in that it has the calendar, address book, task list, etc?
Yes, Outlook is the Windows equivalent of Evolution.

Old 10-07-03, 03:06 PM
tae
well,yesterday,i clicked the outlook express icon, and again got the busy mouse arrow, then nothing. Instead of control alt delete and end the program, i just said oh well. About ten minutes later, up pops outlook express. Talk about a long wait! No other program takes any time at all to load. Any ideas why oe takes this long?

Old 10-07-03, 07:00 PM
dabwid
Visiting Guest
Maybe this will work.

Go to MicroSoft, update 2000 to SP4, then update IE to IE6 SP1, this should include Outlook. Then check for updates and install any that are needed. Here is the link for Windows updates:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

The link for IE6 SP1; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

Hope this works for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: