Installing CDRW?

Old 10-21-03, 10:13 PM
chotalai
Visiting Guest
Installing CDRW?

A friend gave me a CDRW, but it has no installation instructions. She got it from her friend. I have a Packard Bell with Windows 95. How do I install a CDRW? Or where can I get the instructions to install?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-03, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Go to the manufacturer's website and see if there is anything specific there. CDRWs are straightforward to install. Take out the old CD drive and replace it with the CDRW. Win95 should recognize it as a CD drive without any trouble.

To make it burn CDs, you will need a program to run the drive. Check with vendors of different programs to find one that is compatible with your CDRW. Some providers are: Adaptec, Nero. Often the manufatcturer of the CDRW will provide a program with the drive for the use of the owner. It may be available from the website for you to download.

Another thing that you can check at the manufacturer's website is to see that your computer arrangement is compatible with the CDRW. There is a chance that a computer old enough to still be running Windows 95 is a bit low on the horsepower needed to run a CDRW.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-22-03, 05:40 AM
Packard Bell systems are old, as is Windows 95. I doubt that your system can handle a CD-RW drive.

Old 11-09-03, 05:47 PM
johnboy2
Visiting Guest
If it is a pentium machine, the CDRW should work. Anything less than a pentium will be a problem, though.

Old 11-09-03, 10:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It really comes down to the CD-RW being installed - as Chris mentioned, check the manufacturer's website for the specs. Or, you could just tell us what kind of CD-RW you have (be specific - manufacturer, model #, etc) and we will help you find the requirements.

Good luck!