HP 820 "out of ink" light on but have new cartridges

Old 10-22-03, 05:39 PM
chevelle
Visiting Guest
HP 820 "out of ink" light on but have new cartridges

I have an HP 820Cse that had been printing fine but ran out of black ink. I used a refill kit, which I have done before, and after reinstalling it, the light still flashes and an error box comes up on screen stating that "if this is a new cartridge it is defective, return it to the store..." Anyway, I bought an off-brand cartridge figuring that the refilled one just had too much use and maybe the electrical contact strip was dead. The replacement one does not work either and my out of ink light is still flashing. I have turned the printer off, turned the computer off, removed both cartridges, etc and still the same. I can't print at all, not even in color. Any ideas?

Old 10-22-03, 05:42 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You could try cleaning the contacts for the cartridge inside the print cartridge cage (does that make sense???) IOW, take a little rubbing alcohol (very little) or a Q-tip and wipe down the gold contacts inside the printer where the cartridge makes contact.

Other than that, it sounds like the printer may be shot.

Good luck!

Old 10-22-03, 06:00 PM
R
You should never use ink refill kits, or buy refilled cartridges. Now you know why.

Old 10-22-03, 06:16 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, I absolutely agree. Sometimes I will use "generic" or rebranded cartridges, but never refills or refilled cartridges.

Most people don't use their printer enough to keep it in good shape - if it sits too long, the nozzles will clog. Even refills can't help that. It's better to just get new cartridges.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: