Software removale. I deleted and its back to haunt me.

Old 11-14-03, 10:34 PM
silentmystic
Visiting Guest
Software removale. I deleted and its back to haunt me.

I have a generic circut city computer, intel 4, using windoes XP home edition, compaque persario.

Now I have a software called easy CD creater by Roxio that I loved on the old computer. when the software was loaded on the new Computer it would not work. the compuiter said that windows has disabled the software for fear of damage or incompatability. so i went to add/remove and deleted out of my windows XP. now EVERYTIME i start up it says the software is disabled (yes the one I deleted) and to click the popup warning add. I do and all it has is a link to BUY the updated one after telling me the software is disabled. Well if the software is long gone how come it comesback EVERY time I restart the bloody thing.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-03, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You should be able to remove CD creator in the control panel, add/remove programs. If you did it otherwise, install the program and use this technique to uninstall the program. Simply deleting programs in Windows can cause problems.

You may have to boot into Safe Mode to get CD Creatro uninstalled if the first approach does not work.

EZ CD creator should have worked if you had installed a version for XP. Earlier versions would not have worked well, if at all, as you see. Nero is much better performing on XP in what I see.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-03, 07:36 AM
silentmystic
Visiting Guest
Re: Software removale. I deleted and its back to haunt me.

well i used roxio for my MP3 player, it had the option to EXTRACT the song into MP3 format (which no software on the XP i have does it) and the roxio was like version 4 now they want a version 8 for almost $90

what would be a good (cheap) program to extract my songs with for the MP3 player. I have windows media player already, and real one player, but neither of them do it.

I had tried to remove the software by re-instaling it again. the thing keeps saying it shares an IMPORTANT file/file folder, with another key system and do i want to remove it. I said no, now it is gone from the add/remove colum. but still pops up as it is disablied hardware/software. Argh wheres a firecracker when you need one?

Old 11-15-03, 08:14 AM
tae
I use neo audio to make mp3's. Maybe the popup comes from a scheduled reminder. Delete that from startup or msconfig. Worth a try.

Old 11-15-03, 08:53 AM
If you uninstall it in safe mode there will be no drivers loaded, so there should not be a problem.

Old 11-15-03, 03:47 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest
roxio and nero on the same system cause all sorts of problems. Nero stuff I think is embeded in media player and may even be installed on your system and the two shared a file.If you have nero burning rom uninstall it also and then rboot and install the software of your choice.