Here's a stumping question.

Old 11-14-03, 10:46 PM
silentmystic
Visiting Guest
Here's a stumping question.

I have one more for the night. When I am switching and closing between files now and then I get a file folder pop up taking the bottom 7/8 of my page going towards the top. I have acces to only about the top inch of my icons (so that is like only 2) I can still do the bottom desk-buttons. When i press CTR-ALT-Del. I get nothing is being run (not even that anoying blank folder that takes up 7/8 of my page) under process only the 'normal' things are on. So how do i minimize or better yet CLOSE that folder. It is not moveable, not - sign, no X sign. So can it be done without haveing to reset the whole computer?

I want to add this also here:

about 75% of the time when we shut down correctly (and incorectly) we get the computer shuting down like normal. then when the icons should disappear a box popups saying insuffienct memery to 'read' program (something like) 129404x0000010 and to click the cancel button i belive. it will shut down afterwards but what is with that popup. It started when we first got this home.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-03, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
With the nettlesome window highlighted, press Alt+F4 to close the window.

Are you running current virus signatures in your anti-virus program? Are you using Ad Aware, too? Try booting into safe mode then boot normally.

Old 11-15-03, 02:05 AM
Good saying

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask............Chris #cdc

Old 11-15-03, 09:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yep, sounds like a virus or Adware to me too - run all your regular maintainance programs (scan/defrag from Safe Mode, run MSCONFIG to make sure nothing eroneous is running, run AdAware and/or SpyBot S&D, and do a full virus scan.)

Let us know how it goes - and also what you're working with (OS/software/anything unusual)

Good luck!