video card

Old 11-15-03, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
video card

i have a ibm netvista with 320 ram,, intel 900 something proccessor, and an on board video card. my son just bought a game and the graphics really suck..i called a couple of comp. stores and they said it was my video card.....they said i might be able to change the bios because it might be at the lowest setting.....how the heck do you do this....please help...my son is driving me nuts,,,,,,,,,,,.......
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated scanner 62200........thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-03, 02:51 PM
I doubt that you can change the settings for the video card in the BIOS.

To access the BIOS you need to press the right key or key combination during power up. Pay attention when the computer boots up. There will be a message saying something like "Press DEL to enter setup" or something like this.

Be careful what you do, as you could really mess the settings up.

Did you verify if your computer meets the minimum requirements for this game in the first place?

Old 11-15-03, 04:46 PM
From looking at IBM's site, I find that this computer is not typically configured for much in the way of graphics. They come with 16mb of video, pretty paltry by today's standards for gamine. Most modern games require much more video card capability than comes with the netvista. You can buy a nice AGP video card suiting the specifications of the game he bought and get better results.

Install the new card and its drivers, and you should be on your way. At worst, you need to disable the built-in video.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-03, 07:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If it's a "new" game - meaning newly released, not new out of the box - then your computer is probably not going to run it well, even with a Vid Card upgrade. It might help us to know what game we're talking about here. Then we can look up the specs and see if your computer can keep up.

Good luck!

Old 11-15-03, 08:21 PM
According to IBM, the Netvista computers are all P4 with at least 128 MB RAM, just puny video cards.

Old 11-17-03, 01:58 PM
Alot of those computers with Onboard video don't have AGP slots. In that case you would need to get at PCI video card.

You might also benefit from updating the drivers for your existing video. You could try changing your color quality from 32bit (highest) to 16bit (medium) in your display settings.

I think all of us could be more helpful if you were more specific on the type of computer you have, and the game you are wanting to play.