Digital Camera not connecting to computer

Old 11-17-03, 08:38 AM
cynttex1
Visiting Guest
Angry Digital Camera not connecting to computer

I have a new Dell computer. I have a olympus digital camera. I hook the camera to the computer to download pictures and my computer is not detecting that the camera is connected. I have downloaded all the camera software and continue to have problems. I used to have an HP computer and never had a problem. I have tried hooking the camera up via serial port and
USB ports with no luck. Help

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-03, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What do you mean when you say, [sic] "my computer is not detecting that the camera is connected?" What does the software say about the camera?

Do you know if the USB ports are enabled? If it is a new computer then they should be. However, with an older computer they may not be.

What OS is on the computer? Do other USB devices work properly? Do you know that you are telling the software to search the correct serial port? Do other serial devices work on this same serial port?

Old 11-17-03, 01:48 PM
las
Visiting Guest
digital camera

All I do Is hook the USB cable to camera then find same symbol on back of computer connect switch camera dial to playback mode switch camera on..go Into my computer a Icon should appear saying disposable disk click over this and then click over the camera folder and there should all your pictures be?Very easy to send email pics without saving anything to file..what I do Is when I've set all the pics I'm going to send then I save to file & delete certain from the camera
the ones I've saved to file I will not send anymore they are my pictures saved In my documents

Old 11-18-03, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
its just another "drive"

How are you trying to access the camera?

Have you set it up using the wizard?
Go the control panel, printers and other hardware, scanners and cameras. Then click on "add an imaging device".

However, this is not the best, nor easiest method. The best method is to buy a reader for your camera media. Leave it hooked up to your computer. The reader will allow faster transfer of pics and you don't have to mess with the camera. Just plug the memory card into the reader. The reader is accessable just like any other drive. You can access pics using explore, photo software, email programs, etc.