2 ?'s Dell and how to delete cookies

Old 11-23-03, 10:25 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2 ?'s Dell and how to delete cookies

Yes I am looking for a computer for my 10 year old, it will be used mostly for games like Roller Coaster tycoon and others. I am looking at the Dell 2400 which is a good priced first computer, well in talking to the Dell person they told me that the 2400 computer would not play the games it was just good for internet, I needed to go up to a computer almost twice the price. I have Hp now that is 4 years old and plays games fine, and the Dell I think has more memory and faster drivers. What should I look for, what are the minimums? Is the lower cost one good enough or are they trying to sell me something I really don't need. Second question how do you delete cookies off computer? Thanks for any help with these questions.

Old 11-23-03, 11:45 PM
tae
It has integrated Intel 3d graphics, which should be fine for most things. Computer lists out at $449.00 to 699.00 on dell's site. You could always go up to the Dimension 4600 for $649.00 which you can customize with one of these:
Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2
128MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI [add $60 or $2/month1]
128MB DDR ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI [add $200 or $6/month1]
They would definitely get you by.

As for cookies, just do a search on your computer for "cookies" (start/search/files/folders)and you should get a folder (or 2) named cookies. Delete them from there.

Old 11-25-03, 09:52 AM
las
Visiting Guest
Control panel

Go Into control panel and click over Internet options
there you can clear your cookies,files,off line content,history
that Is with explorer..If you got mozilla go to file & then preferances and then go from there?

Old 11-25-03, 01:06 PM
K
In Short,
A Dell Dimension 2400 will be just fine for games like roller coaster Tycoon, and any games that you can use now on your 4 year old computer will run just fine on a 2400.
You don't want to play something like America's Army or Half-Life (3d Games, or other First Person Shooter games) on a 2400 unless you buy a seperate PCI video card. A decent Video Card would be under $100.

By the way, those 2400s are very quiet computers. I can hardly tell when they are On.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: