spybot and no e-mail

Old 12-01-03, 11:20 PM
chiathomas
Visiting Guest
spybot and no e-mail

I had exp.6 outlook exp.6 and ran spybot to see if I could get rid of some spyware on my computer. Spybot said it fixed all links to spyware. Restarted computer No outlook exp. just a shell no buttons can not send or get mail, explorer can not search or go to many sites. It had changed from ie6 to ie5. Went to reinstall ie6 but says it can not because ie5 wzd.exe/A/S:"c/program files INTERNET EXPLORER\ie6setup.exe'7 hijacked a reading to spybot fourm but they can not help me. Anyone have any idea what I am trying to say? Thanks Win. 98

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-03, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Uninstall Spybot, reinstall IE and Outlook Express.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-16-03, 03:14 PM
Spybot- Killer Program

I ran spybot, and wound up having problems also. My fault, I didn't know what I got rid of. I hope you get this before you reinstall your software!! Spybot keeps a copy of everything it eats, look in the recovery bin(press the recovery button), your files should still be there unless you deleted them, press restore and spybot will put everything back where it was and you wont have to reinstall everything. Good-Luck.

Old 12-16-03, 04:07 PM
tae
Alot of times, people will download programs that integrate with I.E. or express. They look like they will let you do cool things, but the flip side is they are poorly written spy ware. When you delete the spy ware using spybot or another program, it basically rips out the bad parts, and leaves the original program non functioning. That could be the case, if you had any extra toolbars or mail programs. If you can restore, that would be great. then you could remove any extraneous programs using add/remove n control panel. Otherwise, follow Chris's suggestion.