Diskeeper Home Edition.

Old 12-07-03, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Diskeeper Home Edition.

Hi All.

A quick couple of questions. Do you use Diskeeper Home Edition now? What OS do you run? Is it worth the Money?

Did you use another 3rd party Defragmenter before buying Diskeeper HE ?

Thanks for your input & time

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-03, 05:11 PM
tae
I have used diskeeper Pro in the past, and still have a copy of version 7. It works OK. I have also used various defragmenters that came with various system suites. Of them all, i did prefer diskeeper, but in order for it to be effective, it has to run in the background(or did) as a service to keep track of things. If i ever wanted to run windows defragmenter, it would take twice as long, as it redid what the others would do. Anymore, i just use the software that comes with windows. I have used it on w2k and xp. For just a home computer that gets regular maintenance, i don't think you will see much improvement. They do offer a trial version, and a lite version. I would recommend you check em out, and see how it goes.

Old 12-07-03, 09:13 PM
Smile Did I read you right?

I have been using Norton Utilities 2001 since it was new. The only changes I have made, was to change it to run in full manual opperation. In the automatic mode I ran into all kinds of Windows problems due to the Auto actions of this program.

This Norton Software is still used to Scan Disk & Defrag all PCs twice a week. Not in automatic & only what it needs.

http://consumer.execsoft.com/diskeep...eper.asp?RId=1

I think I'll save my $$ for something more useful. Thanks for the rundown on Diskeeper, tae.

Old 12-10-03, 05:20 PM
tae
I just want to say I have been hearing good things about Defrag Manager (2.5) from winternals. It has a Smartphase multi-phase defragmentation engine, designed to produce faster and more thorough defrag operations. it supports NT4,2000 pro and server,xp and server 2003 from 20gigs to more than 1 tbyte. they have also reached an agreement with microsoft to allow release of their Advanced Mode defragmentor in the next version of Defrag manager. It is supposed to optimize every file on every type of disk regardless of windows os,cluster size, or fragmentation Condition.
http://winternals.com/es/solutions/DefragManager.asp