New Digital Toys

Old 12-08-03, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just love new toys.

Me 2

BTW have you read any good about the Pentax *ist D @ 6.1 MP and interchangeable lenses etc with the 35mm Pentax models?

From what I read so far this looks good & I need to check on price, i'll bet it's at or near 1000. I heard it sells @ Wal-Mart buy I wonder sometimes about them selling seconds like SAMs club does.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-03, 05:12 PM
No I haven't heard about that pentax

But for $1000, I'd gp for the new Canon Digital Rebel, the 300D.

That is one awesome camera. Its essentially a "dumbed down" version of their 10Ds, which retails at $1499 for just the body. The 300D takes pictures as good as the 10Ds.

The only reason to get the Pentax is if you already have pnetax lenses that will fit it.

Old 12-08-03, 07:41 PM
Thumbs up Ahaaa!

Thanks Bob that's worth it & then some

I wonder why we don't discuss more on Digital Photography in this thread? It is after all tied right into the PC & will only get better as we go on.

I thought I would have trouble finding a flash unit for my Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35, however there all over & have the cable in a side box that will let me take indoor & night photos with this fine example of a compact 35mm. I found a good Camera shop who can fix any problems.

They gave me a rool of film & said go take it & bring it in, we will develop it & check out the specs. Sounds like a plan I hope I can get the 2+ lens that lets me take shots into 11" instead of 24".

No I am faking it & have been reading a lot LOL.

Old 12-09-03, 11:51 AM
I looked at that pentax

It looks to be a good camera. The reviews are favorable.
However, at $400 more than the Canon 300D and just a $100 less than the Canon 10Ds, I'd go with one of the Canons.
But, I've been a Canon fan since I got my AE-1 back in 1979. It still takes great pics.

Old 12-10-03, 08:53 PM
Smile 2 loonies on a single roll of film

Since this has turned into a Toy thread I think their must be a division on the Digital Cameras & PC afterall . I have been reading good things about Cannon, as well as Nikon & Pentax.

Can we assume that the same camera makers who turned out those wonderful 35s are the MFRs of the Digital Products? Where do you get the straight Dope on the Digis?

$1000 is only $400 more than $600 & well worth it if you can use & sell the Pictures, for webs & developers. I want to buy once & I want Pictures as close as possable, maybe 10".

For this & other distances I must have interchaneable lenses, correct? Is Penta a really costly lens or just the naw

BTW where can I search for an interchange guide for our film today & the film they had in the 1955? Either they had more types or they dropped some for the #s we have today.

Old 12-11-03, 06:44 AM
don't know about others,

But I've read that Canon makes their own chip.

Yes, you need interchangeable lenses to get the best possible close-up. To get a great pic at a distance of 10", you would need a macro lens. To figure out the 35mm equivalent for the canon digitals, multiply by 1.6. ie) a 35-70 zoom lens will be 56-112.
A 200mm lens would be like a 320mm lens on a 35mm camera.

Do a search and you will find sites for professional reviewers.

As for old film sizes, pro sizes are pretty much still around. Consumer sizes will faded out after a while. For example no one makes brownie cameras anymore. Can you still get the 125 for the old pocket kodak cameras?