knowledge check

Old 12-10-03, 05:11 AM
john 3:16
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question knowledge check

hello my fellow computer junkies,
i have got a good one for you guys. to get them liitle computer brains to working. here goes,
i have got a hp pavilion that the motherboard is shot. it is of the atx form factor. now what i am needing to know, is what other boards will fit in this system the correct way? not sure of the measurements on it, was hoping you may know. it don't matter the specs on the board or anything as far as cpu and ect. i will decide on that later after i determine which boards will fit. so sit back and get them liitle brains a working, and see if you can help me out on this one. lol p.s. this is a mini tower. not sure of height or anything. like i said. it is a pavilion 4450. thanks in advance guys for the help. merry christmas to you and yours. DALE

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-03, 05:41 AM
All boards of the form factor ATX are the same size. The back panel layout will be the same general trend, the eschuteon plates usually have knock-outs for variations in the connectors. One ATX board will fit in the ATX case the same as another.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-10-03, 10:47 AM
Its irrelevant

While you may find a mobo that fits, you won't be able to connect it to the controls on the front panel (pwoer on/off button, disk access light/ etc). You will need to get a new case and power supply.

Old 12-10-03, 11:34 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm with BobF, just get a new case and PS - even if you can get the Mobo in there. They're fairly inexpensive (under $50 easily) and, if you look in the right places, you can find a Bare Bones system (board, case and PS) for under $100 easily.

Good luck!

Old 12-10-03, 12:36 PM
Yeah Get rid of the old case, the power supply may not support an upgraded CPU. Its possible the MoBo screw mounts in your case may not be located properly for a new board. You can get a new case that includes a 400-450 watt generic supply for $30.00. Im neither recommending nor not recommending Newegg.com as a source, but their product descriptions usually include a link to reviews by experts. Glad to see youre moving to home-brew stuff.

Old 12-10-03, 05:39 PM
tae
Site about upgrading pavillions, with lots of links and hp forums.
http://www.linktionary.com/pavilion/

Link to hp's product fact sheet for this computer:
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...rodinfo#P6_165

If you go with a new case,power supply and board, you may want to get new memory also. Your computer has [email protected] mhz.Either make sure the new board supports that, or else you will have to get newer mem chips.