cdocrepair

Old 12-10-03, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
cdocrepair

I wrote a thread earlier re: my wordpad hanging for about 20 seconds and, after, for a whim, I put "how to fix wordpad" in the address bar. I could not believe there was a site that addressed the problem. There is a free download and it states specifically that it fixes hanging wordpads. The trouble is that when I clicked the d-load it said there was dangerous material in it.
Is anyone familiar with this? I'd like some asurance before attempt the wrong task.
I noticed you vcan purchase the full program for about $75.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-03, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pete,

Please post the URL for the site you found. I cannot find any site describing a fix for wordpad.

Old 12-10-03, 05:20 PM
url

Racraft,
I'm sorry I do not know how to post a url but all I did was write, " How to fix a wordpad," in the address bar and docrepair came up with the information I gave. I just do not know if it is a wise move. There was no url I just stuck the question in the address bar on a whim and an appropriate response popped up.
Pete

Old 12-10-03, 05:57 PM
The URL is the address of the web page from where you downloaded the utility. Type your query again and look at the URL it takes you to. Then cut and paste that address into your response here.

Old 12-10-03, 06:12 PM
tae
You mean you saw a program called doc repair, like the one here?
http://www.jufsoft.com/docrepair/?rid=ls

QUOTE]I never used wordpad until it was pointed out to me that rtf is a somewhat universal extesion and better than my wordprocesser which is wps. Notepad is not equipped for data like letters etc and so I save as rtf.which defaults to wordpad. [/QUOTE]
This could be the freeze problem. I f you wanted, you could always uninstall/reinstall wordpad, but not sure this would solve the problem. Most of the time, it is an incorrectly saved/formated document, or corrupt file.

Old 12-11-03, 06:50 AM
posting a url

Hi Racratf
Now I understand how to post a url.
Thanx