combining favorites in windows 98se

Old 12-17-03, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
combining favorites in windows 98se

I'm using 2 computers, one at home and one, a laptop for the road. over the last couple of years the favorites section in internet explorer 6 has gone their separate ways, depending on which machine I'm on when I run into a website worth saving. is there anyway to export one favorites site into the other, combining the 2, yet not adding the same listing twice. just wondered if there is a program to manage the favorites area of IE.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-03, 08:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
From memory, you have a Favorites folder in "My Documents" - you should be able to copy the contents and drop them into the other computers Favorites (this would not duplicate entries.) It may also be possible to use My Briefcase to keep them up-to-date easily.

There are some programs that will allow you to sync your Favorites online in a webpage - but, they require you to have a webspace to upload to and the one's I have tried don't work properly (one of them trashed all of my Favorites on my PC by overwriting - and not sync'ing - my laptop Faves - and, yes, it was setup to merge, not overwrite.) The idea was very simple - the program would take the links from my Favorites folder and parse them in an XML file, then upload - very simple, in theory.

Good luck!