X's and Error's on web pages

Old 12-18-03, 04:19 PM
69fbird
Visiting Guest
X's and Error's on web pages

I running a gateway pentIII 450, windows 98 and IE 5.5.
Lately 3/4 of the web pages I open, all have errors on them and the pictures have red X's. This is a pain in the butt because when I pay my bills online, it wont proceed, because of all the errors.
Is there a way to fix this problem?
I tried repairing IE, no luck.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-03, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you have a firewall blocking certain items or content? How high is your security level set?

What do the error messages say?

Old 12-19-03, 08:13 AM
69fbird
Visiting Guest
It does it even when the firewall is turned off.
Some box's and pictures will have red X's, not showing there
contents. It sometimes says error on page/instead of done, on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

Old 12-19-03, 04:14 PM
Often, errors such as you describe are due to the unavailability of the server to provide the information requested. This can be due to high traffic, failed resources, or timeouts.

Does this happen on sites other than the bank? Ours was borked for a while after a failed upgrade that assumed that everyone was using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Sometimes poorly written code will work with IE and not with properly compliant browsers. I don't think that your problem is that one.

Have you talked to the bank? The IT people may not know there is a problem, if no one complains. Or, there may be a problem of some sort that is being resolved.

Old 12-19-03, 06:11 PM
69fbird
Visiting Guest
Thanks chris,

But it does it all the time, on almost every page I open.
It might have something to do with my dsl. I have only had it for a month, never had these problem with cable?
Any other configurations I can check?

Thanks again

Old 12-19-03, 09:30 PM
something to do with my dsl
It is a setting somewhere. Check to make sure that you have the current version of the firmware on the DSL router and any other equipment in the data stream.

Do you have a software firewall or hardware such as a router?

What is the configuration of your setup from the phone connection in the wall to the computer you are using?

Old 12-23-03, 04:35 PM
noahphex
Visiting Guest
Might I suggest trying to clear your cache first and see if that helps.

Go into Tools -- Internet Options -- and click the Delete Files button. If you have a large cache this may take a while so hang on until it starts responding again. Then hit Okay, close IE and start it up again and try to go to some web pages again.

Old 12-25-03, 01:04 PM
MacGyver
Visiting Guest
many issues

There are many if not hundreds of things that could cause this issue but to me it sounds like your DSL was the instigator. Unless you have lots of time to waste on checklists, I would call tech support for your DSL. They will most likely have an answer for you in 3 minutes or less. Please post back and let everyone know what the answer was. With millions subscribing to DSL, the answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!