photo host site

Old 12-19-03, 07:08 PM
las
Visiting Guest
photo host site

I've got a lot of pics uploaded to a photo host site
I hope they will always be there for me whenever I need them
so I hope nothing ever happens to the site that It would fold up or something?This site must have millions of pics uploaded from all over the world eh?something to think about how many pics would be lost and all the people Involved that depend on the photo host site..and it's free on top of everything?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-03, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I guess you hedge your bets by keeping your photos on a CD, too.

Old 12-19-03, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 18 Votes on 18 Posts
las:

I wouldn't trust a free website to archive anything.

I'm paranoid about loosing my digital images.
We have accumulated boxes of photographs over the years and like everyone says, your pictures will be the first possesion you grab when the house is in flames.
Unfortunately, computers flame up on a regular basis.
To preserve what I have I keep a copy of my pics on both the C and D drives, burn a copy and also copy to my laptop.
I guess if I keep the cd's off premises all the basis are covered................that is 'till the format changes.

Old 12-20-03, 09:25 AM
las
Visiting Guest
Yup

Yup thats what I thought Oh..Well..!

Old 12-20-03, 09:36 AM
las
Visiting Guest
another question then?

Why doesn't the whole system change and allow pics
off the camera drive...I can see that In various forums people are always asking for Info In posting pics they just haven't caught
on to all of this down sizing and photo host stuff which I ain't
finding any fault with but It would be so much simpler off the camera drive under low resolution then the forum could have a additional way of down sizing a notch or two manually?
What I have found cause I have uploaded a lot of pics to a photo host site,then delete off the camera but when I start over again trying to upload a Image using the same pic address as before
my pic Is rejected It says a error occured cause the pic address
Is same from the camera eh?cause starting over again using same image address doesn't work?Something to think about anyway...Oh I know that If I come threw the back door and get another email address with a differant user name I could kinda start the whole uploading thing all over again..Oh..Well..!

Old 12-20-03, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I use Kodak Easyshare program. It starts the numbering with the current date to keep from having that problem. If I shoot more than one set of photos in the same day, it will renumber them so that there is no confusion.

Old 12-20-03, 03:01 PM
las
Visiting Guest
great Idea

Thats a great Idea