restarting the computer

Old 12-27-03, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
restarting the computer

I actually have two questions...first how come my AMD 900 WITH xp home does not want to do a restart meaning that i have to turn the computer off at the back of the machine in order to turn it off whenever it goes into a restart mode and then i have to wait about ten minutes before i can start the computer up again..
my second question is i have remove cd creator from my system and installed nero which runs perfectly but on start up i get a message saying that certain cd creator drivers do not work in xp but i have it uninstalled..just curious as to where i can go to remove this error message ..thanks and have a great day

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-03, 01:46 PM
Are you running Ad-aware and current anti-virus program?

When you click Start, Turn Off, Restart, the computer does not restart? When you click Start, Turn Off, Turn off, the computer will not shut down?

What happens before 10 minutes? When you wait 10 minutes, do you power on with the switch on the back or with the power switch on the front.? Newer power supplies don't have the switch on the back.

Click Start, Control Panel, Add/remove programs and look for any left over files from Adaptec or CD creator or Roxio. Uninstall any you find.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-28-03, 12:17 PM
when i go start>turn off computer it shuts down fine but if i hit restart or select restart it does not come back to life until you turn it off at the back and if you dont wait long enough to restart it with the switch at the back it will power on but will not follow thru with loading up windows so you have to again turn it off at the back and leave it for about ten minutes...i am running norton anti virus thanks