Canon Printer Problem

Old 01-05-04, 08:45 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Canon Printer Problem

I have a Canon S520, a little under two years old. For a long time the printer worked flawlessly. Now, in order to get a good quality print, with proper colors and absence of lines, I need to run the cleaning option almost every time. Could the use of less expensive aftermarket (non-Canon) inks have something to do with this?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-04, 08:50 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you've been using refills, then you need to toss out the cartridges and buy new ones - those things can only be refilled about 5-6 times (if you're lucky) before the nozzles start going bad.

Good luck!

Last edited by SafeWatch; 01-05-04 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-05-04, 08:53 AM
E
Do you mean nozzles in the cartidges, or in the printer? (Pardon my ignorance.) I have not refilled the cartridges myself. I bought the actual cartidges (although I have no idea if the company from which I purchased them uses recycled cartidges).

Old 01-05-04, 09:24 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The nozzles are in the cartridges themselves - in the bottom where the ink comes out.

If you do not use a cartridge for some time, the nozzles can become cluttered with dried-out ink or if you take the cartridges out frequently, the nozzles can become damaged.

Try taking a damp paper towel and dab (<i>don't rub</i>) the cartridge nozzles on the paper towel. Sometimes this will help clear them out. If that doesn't help, pop in a new cartridge (not a recycled or refurb'd or refilled cartridge) and give it a try.

My guess is the cartridges you are using are just second rate and not made to last - those nozzles can be very touchy sometimes.

Good luck!