iamapp

Old 01-11-04, 05:33 PM
dhb41
Visiting Guest
Question iamapp

I keep having trouble with "iamapp". I keep getting "iamapp(not responding) continuously. I cannot run liveupdate with Norton Anti-Virus due to a "lu1840" error saying it's running in background. This has been for a few days now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! Dave

Old 01-11-04, 05:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What operating system?

You might try disabling Norton in the systray, then starting it to run live update.

Iamapp is a part of Norton. Perhaps uninstalling Norton and installing it would help.

Old 01-12-04, 08:56 AM
M
iamapp

You might want to download this program and check your system for a Troan infection. It's called Trojan remover and does a good job.

http://www.simplysup.com/

There are backdoor programs that attack Norton causing the problems you mentioned. You can try a reinstall of norton as was suggested and if it works I would do a full system scan after updating definitions.

Good Luck!

Old 01-12-04, 10:50 AM
dhb41
Visiting Guest
Thank you

THank you for your assistance with this matter. I'm trying all of the above except uninstalling. It locks up while I try to uninstall. I'll try the "trojanhorse" download. Dave

Old 01-12-04, 03:32 PM
M
iamapp

When you install trojan remover be shure to select the update button to load latest definitions. You can also try installing Norton over your existing installation and then try uninstalling if uninstall is giving you problems. You need to scan that machine for virus in addition to trojan check!

Good Luck

Old 01-12-04, 04:18 PM
dhb41
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Nothing works

Nothing I have tried is working. All the things you have given me to try is not working. I keep getting errors of things runnin in background etc. Can't uninstall or install, it just stops. I'm puzzled to say the least.

Old 01-12-04, 04:38 PM
tae
Old 01-12-04, 06:35 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you tried shutting down and going into Safe Mode to uninstall Norton? If something is running in the background, restart in Safe Mode and it won't be anymore - Safe Mode doesn't allow it.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: