Play Station I vs. Play Station II

Old 01-16-04, 12:15 PM
trident_86
Visiting Guest
Play Station I vs. Play Station II

I currently have a PS I and am thinking about as PS II. I have a couple of questions:

1. Am I able to play a PS I over my PC w/ internet gaming?

2. Can I play PS II games on a PS I? If not, are PS I games still available and where can I get them?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-04, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about gaming with PS1 games through PS2 on the internet but I wouldn't see why you couldn't because in answer to your next question...

yes, you can play PS1 games on a PS2. Some, not all, PS1 games actually play better and are clearer on a PS2.

I don't know if they're still making new PS1 games, but I know that you can still purchase PS1 games at your local super discount store (WalMart, KMart, etc). Your best bet is to hit the second hand gaming shops for them. Since PS2 has been around for awhile, and more people have them you will find a larger selection of PS1 games at VERY affordable prices.

I also enjoy our PS2 because it plays DVD's. Our DVD player quit recently and we just aren't going to purchase another one since we have the PS2.

I haven't tried online gaming with it yet. In fact, I've never gamed online with anything (computer or PS). Could be fun LOL.

Kay

Old 01-17-04, 01:15 PM
Re: Play Station I vs. Play Station II

Originally posted by trident_86

2. Can I play PS II games on a PS I? If not, are PS I games still available and where can I get them?

Thanks.
I don't think you can play PS2 games on the PS1.
PS3 will be coming out next year.

Old 01-18-04, 07:16 AM
Delirious

How is the PS3 going to be different? I honestly havent heard or seen anything on them.

If it will play PS1, PS2 and DvD's ...PLUS allow my DH to play his computer games I will buy one in a heart beat!

Kay