Lexmark 1000 jetprint

Old 01-19-04, 02:46 PM
Charles Flores
Visiting Guest
Lexmark 1000 color jetprinter

I have a Lexmark 1000 color jetprinter when I try to print it goes throuth all the motions but the paper comes out blank.I have been useing after market ink and refilling my cartridges can this be the problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-04, 04:17 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a good possibility that your print head is clogged.

Using the refills is okay for the most part but can slowly seal over the ports that inks spit from. You can use the refill kits maybe twice before you need a new head. New heads come built into the new ink cartridges.

Old 01-22-04, 02:24 PM
Charles Flores
Visiting Guest
Lexmark 1000 jetprint

Thank you for a quick replay on my Lexmark 1000 inkjet printer.
Where are the ink jets located on the cartridge and can they be cleaned Thank you again. Chuck

Old 01-23-04, 07:18 AM
T
I have never attempted to clean print heads. What I understand on that matter is its an exercise in frustration. Using alcohol to clean the heads thins the ink, blotches the print and for some reason ruins the head. I know the price of cartridges is prohibitive but it is a better move to buy a new cartridge than to attempt cleaning an old one.

Old 01-23-04, 07:48 AM
T
I think with Lexmark the printheads are in the print cartridge. Are you sure you're not out of ink? The 1000 is not exactly top of the line... cartridges don't last too long

I don't believe you'll be succesfull in cleaning the print heads.. they are very, very small, and the clog usually happens inside the head, not outside.

Old 01-23-04, 11:18 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sometimes, if you have just a few bad nozzles or a slightly dry printhead, you can take a <i>damp</i> paper towel and dab the print head/cartridge on it to clean it up. This is not going to fix a completely shot cartridge, but will sometimes clean up a cartridge that's not printing just right.

For the most part, it's best to just replace the cartridge.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-04, 01:23 PM
Charles Flores
Visiting Guest
Lexmark 1000 inkjet cleaning cartridg

HI Boy you guys are good.My best bet is to buy a new cartridg so that is what I will do.Thanks for the info. I am very glad I ask before I did something stupid.Thankyou agan.
While we are on the subject dare I ask another question it will be about my scanner a Mustect 600.I keep geting the massage that one of the cables are disconneted I have redone the cables many times with no luck. i have reinstalled the scanner serveral times also with no luck. any ideas. Chuck