powermac g3

Old 01-23-04, 06:58 PM
tygar663
Visiting Guest
powermac g3

a friends computer just started acting up it would freeze every time you deleted email and now a bomb showed up on the screen and you cant shut the computer down even with the power button any ideas suggestions

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-04, 06:33 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Virus.

Old 01-24-04, 08:29 PM
tygar663
Visiting Guest
thanks i figured that is there an easy way to fix it

Old 01-24-04, 09:03 PM
C
I don't have anything to do with Apple computers. I would look at products from Virex, symantec, sophos, and the like.

Old 01-24-04, 10:12 PM
Usually with a MAC computer if you see a bomb image, than it means something really really bad. I am inclined to believe it is a virus too, however, I have seen this image before when there was no virus and the cause was missing OS files. If it is a virus or the other, then you need to run a bootable cd! Praferably Norton Anti Virus! Buy Norton Anti Virus 2004 and boot off of that cd. In order to boot off of cd, you must hold down the "C" key after you press the power button untill you see the norton background then you can let go. Remember its either buying the latest cd or FORMATING AND REINSTALLING YOUR OS AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

Old 01-25-04, 11:23 AM
tygar663
Visiting Guest
the problem seem to of started in email so im thinking that its a virus but at the same time they were trying to load a new printer . so i guess ill start with an antivirus and then try to reload the os to see if it replaces the lost files

Old 01-25-04, 04:54 PM
C
I would start with the drivers for the new printer as the most likely source of the problem. Uninstall the new drivers and concentrate on getting the computer to run properly without them. Then, try installing the printer drivers.

Drivers are commonly the source of problems. It is always a good move to re-install and update them.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-04, 10:38 AM
D
tygar663,
Did you get this resolved? If not, give a post and I can think on this some more.
Can you tell us what version of the operating system is running on the machine? Go up to the Apple and down to About this Computer.

Old 01-31-04, 01:41 AM
tygar663
Visiting Guest
I just want to thank you guys for all your help... this is a little out of my league i just dont know enough about them and the computer is not handy. it was finally able to shut down and the problem is still but leaving it up to the experts that know more about them than i . if it was a windows os i would have no problem with trying to get it done... once again thanks for your assistance and keep up the good work