spyware question

Old 01-26-04, 04:17 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
spyware question

Everytime I try to visit my one online class( out of 4) it will not let me, it will automatically go to * Edited - See Note * I have tried adware, which deleted everything except the same three files keep showing up everytime I run adware. I quarantine and remove them, but the very next time I run the scan the same 3 files are back. I have tried to block the website in internet options, but that does not work. I have disabled cookies, that does not work. I have windows xp and have contacted popnav.com, but no answer. How would I go about this matter??? Please help
Long Time Contributor!

* Mod's Note: The link was wrong and we don't really want to visit them anyway *

Last edited by SafeWatch; 01-26-04 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-04, 04:48 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here is a discussion that will lead you to a solution to your problem. It is too long to post here in its entireity.

http://www.computercops.biz/modules....wtopic&p=59937

Hope this helps.

Old 01-26-04, 06:47 PM
It Wasn't Me!
Visiting Guest
Hi weekendwarrior0

What you have is a browser HiJack and the best way to get rid of it depending on what type it is is to run a program called HiJack This and post a log. Ad-Aware and Spybot will not delete this. I do not see any HiJack logs in this site so I will not ask you to post one. Try this site and post your question about your browser HiJack.
* Edited - Policy: No outside links; Post a link to HiJack This instead *

Last edited by SafeWatch; 01-26-04 at 09:46 PM.