msconfig

Old 02-05-04, 10:38 AM
raptyrred
Visiting Guest
msconfig

Hi,
I am trying to free up some system resources to play a game. I run msconfig and uncheck the box by microsoft office startup, the path is crogram~1\micro~4\office\osa9.exe, it then says do I want to restart my computer for the changes to take effect, and I click yes. After running the computer for a bit (sometimes only minutes) the resources are again lower. So I run msconfig and low and behold the office startup is again checked. I do not understand why it keeps coming back when I have gone into msconfig and unchecked it.
And just what is it. I cannot find any explanation of what osa9 is and what it does.

How the heck do you find out what a program/file is? F1 does not help, right clicking on the program/file and choosing properties does not tell me what it is. The help in Word does not help me. It is like, yeah there it is - but we (whoever we is) will not tell you what it does MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Go on and delete it MUHAHAHAHAH

HELP!

Old 02-05-04, 10:55 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In general, you can do an Internet search on an executable and find out exactly what a program is.
Try a google search on osa9.exe and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by tae; 02-05-04 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 11:29 AM
M
* Edited - Good link, but provide some details when posting links - Thanks *

Last edited by SafeWatch; 02-05-04 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 03:52 PM
raptyrred
Visiting Guest
again msconfig

Hi,
I still do not understand why the program keeps showing up after I ran msconfig and told it not to start up.

Old 02-05-04, 04:37 PM
tae
Is it listed in your startup folder?

Old 02-06-04, 03:06 AM
M
Sorry. The link was from http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...artup_full.htm which is a well-known source for startups information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: