Size of Opening Window

Old 02-07-04, 12:00 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Size of Opening Window

I'm fairly computer savvy but embarassingly enough I don't know how you control the computer so it opens a particular window to fit the entire screen. To further clarify - Normally when I open up Internet Explorer via my cable modem the home page fills the entire screen. Every once in a while for some reason it will only occupy a fraction of the whole screen. Certain other programs always occupy a small portion of the screen when first opened. What settings need to be modified so that a particular program always opens in the "full screen" mode??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-04, 06:22 AM
mudder
Visiting Guest
This happened to me a while ago and I remember following another forum posters advise and it worked for me. First try right clicking the shortcut for IE and selecting properties and ensuring open maximized is checked. Or if the page has opened smaller drag it to the uppermost left side of screen then grab the bottom right corner and drag to botom right of the screen.

Old 02-07-04, 07:20 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are two different ways in which a window is opened. The window is either full screen or is not full screen.

With most software programs, Windows remembers how the window was last opened and opens it the same way. If full screen, then it will open full screen; if a window then it will open as a window.

However, not all programs work this way. If they do not, you are stuck with their behavior.

Further complicating this is the size of the window (if opened as a window and not full screen). Sometimes Windows will remember the size they were last open at, but often they default to a size determined by the software. If this is the case, you cannot change it.

One other thing. Do not follow mudder's advice to move the window and then enlarge it. If you want full screen then click the full screen button on the title bar. There is a big difference between full screen and a window that is opened to the size of the screen

Old 02-07-04, 08:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have found if you increase the size to full screen as discussed above and click on file then close (not on the X to close) it will then open at full size. After that you can close it any way you want and it will stay full screen. Try it and let me know.