disabled cookies

Old 02-07-04, 06:36 PM
Russell
Visiting Guest
disabled cookies

I disabled cookies on my computer in the cookie manager. I made the mistake of clicking on the Don't allow cookies to be reaccepted later and now I can't get in to my hotmail.com. I have netscape 7 for my home page. What do I have to do to enable ccokies back? I've enabled the cookies but I can't get my mail now.It's blocked for some reason.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-04, 07:19 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just click Edit, Preferences, Privacy and Security, Cookies, and enable cookies as you wish. It may be helpful to flush the cache and current cookie file to clean up a bit. Then restart your browser.

Old 02-08-04, 04:39 PM
las
Visiting Guest
cookies

never block your cookies..just clear them out from
time to time esp. if your having trouble?
Cookies are needed to access sites and such
your computer can't work with out em...the answer is to just clear em out every few days,and kinda start over again
cookies are good but occassionally they can back fire and also hinder getting on a site

Old 02-08-04, 05:52 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No, do not blindly accept cookies.

The best thing to do is to screen your cookies. Run one of the many cookie programs that will tell you when a new cookies arrives. You will then have the option to accept it or reject it. You can, at the same time or later, tell it the program accept all or reject all from the same web site.

In this manner you can accept them from sites you plan to visit again or need to accept them from, and reject them from sites you don't want them from.

For example, you may wan to always accept them from a site you purchase from, and reject them from sites that simply advertise to you.