Internet Exploer

Old 03-02-04, 11:00 PM
rabbit99
Visiting Guest
Internet Exploer

I dont use IE due the problems i have while useing it such as lockin up puter while useing it. I hate IE. My problem is that while useing MSN or SBC Yahoo IE wants to load or it just pops up as a popup. Popup stopper doesnt stop this, as soon as it pops up & opens I either lockup or get error message that IE has performed an illegal operation. Is there any way to prevent this? I have heard u cant completely uninstall IE. BTW I am useing windows 98se. I have scanned for viruses & ran a couple of spyware removal programs & removed all spies that were found.

Old 03-02-04, 11:45 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
IEradicator is tiny script that uses the Windows setup engine to surgically remove Internet Explorer versions 3 through 6.0 from Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium and Windows 2000(sr1).

Not for use with Windows 2000sr2 or Windows XP.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=511

From Microsoft:
To disable Internet Explorer as your default browser:
Start Internet Explorer.
Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab.
Click to clear the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser box.
Click OK, and then quit Internet Explorer.

Might i recommend mozilla Firebird(now called firefox)?
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Old 03-03-04, 06:14 AM
R
While you can disable Internet Explorer as your default browser, unless you physically remove the software from your PC it may still run.

Far too many web sites are poorly written and have IE hardcoded to run, when they should instead be written generically.

In addition, some ISP and/or merchants will send emails that have IE hardcoded to run as part of the URLs in the email.

Sometimes these references to IE are intentional, however most of the time they are due to ignorance on the part of the developer and/or merchant.

Old 03-03-04, 04:06 PM
I am using Firefox and love it. Only on occassion does a program throw IE up on me.

Kay

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: