Are all CD's created equal?

Old 03-03-04, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are all CD's created equal?

Two items: one, if this question has been asked before, I'm sorry. I haven't succeeded in getting a good response on search since they made the changes!

Two: I now have the capabilities of buring CD's and I'm wondering if they all CD's are basically the same? I'll be making backup copies of software programs, Quicken, household inventory, some pictures maybe an ocassional album. Nothing that I anticipate anyone will be interested in in 50 years. Thanks

Old 03-03-04, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I use CD's for music and I've noticed that the "bargain" packs tend to lose songs after a while. I've never had a problem with a brand name (e.g. Memorex)

If you're archiving stuff, you're probably better off with a higher quality CD.

Old 03-03-04, 05:11 PM
C
I always buy brand name, but even then can find some really good sales on them from time to time. We go through several hundred a year. No problems with memorex, tdk, fuji. I would stay away from something you never heard of. The good stuff is only $.25 a pop on sale.

Old 03-03-04, 07:29 PM
T
I can not recommend any media made by Imation. They are trash as far as I am concerned.

Instances are: open a new ten pack of diskettes and have the mylar disk slide out of the plastic carrier. Have the hub fall off a diskette in another new pack.

First and only, ever, failure of a CD in a write procedure.

Old 03-03-04, 10:06 PM
tae
Go with whatever you like. There are actually only a few manufacturers, but alot of brand names. I go through a hundred every couple months. Usually buy them by the hundred at wally world for 20.00 (durabrand). Sometimes find a bargain online. Strangely enough, i have had more trouble burning sony cd's with a sony burner, than any other brand. It burns everything else just fine. lol. Most important is the care you give them. Don't just leave them laying around, put them up in a case. Keep them clean and away from sunlight and heat. You might want to start with a small 3 or 5 pack just to make sure they will burn ok. have fun!

Old 03-08-04, 12:07 AM
J
Originally posted by tea3803
I can not recommend any media made by Imation. They are trash as far as I am concerned.

Instances are: open a new ten pack of diskettes and have the mylar disk slide out of the plastic carrier. Have the hub fall off a diskette in another new pack.

First and only, ever, failure of a CD in a write procedure.
Never had a problem with any Imation CDRs

You should buy the Wed made discs as those that you got sound as ig they were Fri or Mon made )

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: