Recycle Bin

Old 03-04-04, 06:01 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Recycle Bin

Added a new user to win 2000 pro. When they delete something (right click and select delete) it doesn't go to the recycle bin. This does not happen on other users. In the properties box for the recycle bin "Configure drives independently" is not checked "Use one setting for all drives" is checked and "Do not move files to the recycle bin, remove files immediately when deleted" is not
checked. What am I missing? Been trying for a while to correct this need to correct it before they I hear "opps"

Paul A

Old 03-04-04, 06:13 AM
R
Two questions.

Does the wrning they get indicate that the object will be moved to the recycle bin, or that it will be deleted?

Are you sure that the user is not pressing the shift key when they click on delete?

Old 03-04-04, 09:00 AM
P
Warning

The warning indicates that it is not going to recycle bin, and yes I did it my self right click and select delete in fact tried all differents ways nothing goes to recycle bin and only on this one user

Old 03-04-04, 02:13 PM
T
Are they deleting the file from a floppy disk? Anything deleted from a floppy or a Zip drive is gone ... no holds barred. Items go to the recycle bin from the hard drive only.

Old 03-04-04, 02:20 PM
tae
Try right-clicking your bin and setting the disk space down to zero also put a check-mark in the box to by-pass the bin. Then re-boot your system, remove the check-mark and re-set the space.

Also make sure the recycle bin is not full, or the other users have used up the alloted space.

Last edited by tae; 03-04-04 at 02:33 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: