Good Software Deal?

Old 03-12-04, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good Software Deal?

I found this site selling software for $15.00 a disk. There are several titles on one disk. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? They claim its good software and legal. I was looking for some photo editing software and happened to find them.

www.appscd.com

Old 03-13-04, 03:03 AM
Stormer
Visiting Guest
If you are only looking for photo editing software, try Serif PhotoPlus. Download version 5.5 from www.download.com.

There is a registration process, but otherwise the software is free to use.

Hope this helps since this reply is not actually in context of the original post.

Old 03-13-04, 04:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's BS (well, sorta).

Even from their own FAQ section:
We sell Full Version Software (English) only, which have being copied from original CD's.
Every product was purchased legally.
In addition, if you look at the very top of the home page there, it says:
Apps CD.com
backup copies
THAT'S what they're selling, BACKUP COPIES. It's a sly way to get around the reality of it all. I could get into it a lot more, but trust me, although it may "technically" be legit, my advice is RUN AWAY.

If you're looking for GOOD photo editing software, download Paint Shop Pro 8 and give it a try. It's nearly as powerful as Photoshop (a $700 program), but only $100 if you actually decide to buy it. GREAT photo editor. Depends on how serious you are, though. There are others.

HTH,

Chris

Old 03-13-04, 06:15 AM
C
Interesting site. I tried to place an order and was advised that payment information would be sent later.

I agree that this is likely an end run around the legality of the licensing for the programs.

I imagine that upon receiving a copy of XP or such, that trying to activate it would generate problems. The vendor's defense would be that it is just a backup copy and not intended to be used otherwise.

Old 03-13-04, 07:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally posted by chfite
Interesting site. I tried to place an order and was advised that payment information would be sent later.

I agree that this is likely an end run around the legality of the licensing for the programs.

I imagine that upon receiving a copy of XP or such, that trying to activate it would generate problems. The vendor's defense would be that it is just a backup copy and not intended to be used otherwise.
Exactly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: