2 Cds

Old 03-13-04, 09:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2 Cds

I have a P4V533-MX motherboard with a genuine Intell processer.
I have just added a Liteon ATAPI 52 x 32 x52 CD-RW, I disconnected the existing CD rom to connect the CD-RW,
Q1) Can I run both cd's so that I could copy direct from the old cd straight on to the CD-RW, Instead of coping to the H/D and then back on the new cd?

Old 03-13-04, 09:12 PM
tae
Yes you can. Your burning software should give you the choice of where to copy/burn from as long as both are hooked up correctly.
You might try it both ways(from cd and hard drive) and see which one you like best. I would rather burn from the hard drive. Let us know how it goes!

Old 03-13-04, 10:01 PM
2 Cd's

Do I set the CD-RW as master and the other old CD player as slave? or do I do it the other way round,
Do I have to change anything in the bios?

Old 03-13-04, 11:14 PM
tae
you can do it either way, just remember that whichever is master will be the "bootable" one. Meaning if you ever want to boot from cd. Hopefully the bios will recognize them both. If it doesn't let us know.

Old 03-14-04, 10:11 AM
imjerry
Visiting Guest
Depending on the MOBO

I have 2 CDDR/CDRW and DVD R+/R-/RDRW with CDR and RW combined! On this computer either drive is bootable without BIOS changes!!

On #2 computer I have to go into bios to choose a bootable CD drive, eiother CDROM or CDRW!!

But no problem with 2,3,4, and if you get Disk juggler and all the burners are the same brand and style you can multiple burn!!!

Good Luck Jerry

Old 03-16-04, 04:29 AM
B
I've found it better to use one drive

I've tried it both ways and I prefer using one drive to copy a cd.

Old 03-16-04, 04:42 AM
imjerry
Visiting Guest
True

1 Drive to copy a CD is the way to go, burning an image to your HD and then burning it on to a CDR! However using any of the newer burning programs you are doing the same thing with 2 drives, just as long as the burn on the fly box is unchecked. And that way there is a lot less disk swapping, just put source in CD rom and blank in burner and GO. I am using the newest Roxio,
Easy Media 7 but Ultra 6 works just as well! Jerry

So I think 2 drives is the way to go !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: