Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?

Old 04-18-04, 01:39 PM
Smile Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?

Yesterday the power dropped out for a second. I was Scanning film, when the scanner stopped & restarted again. No APC just surge protector on Scanners.

I had all I thought was important on the APC & it stayed on, today I have all the scanners on an APC as well as the Modem & Linksys.

No mater what program I try & acess a Twain driver from the second I click scan I get a pop up saying Photo Shop had a fatal exception & win will shut down. Both Scanners 1 firewire & USB 2.0 did this. This Morn I found the entire CyberView X program is not showing up including quick start Icon.

I am able to get the flat beds program to come up in every program with Twain, then click scan. Before I just uninstall & reinstall. I looked up ( Thunker Window ) & someone had already tried that with no sucess. This may take more than just a reinstall of the scanner programs to fix this problem.

: TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::AppInitialize - Reset Log
: TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::OpenServer - Starting Thunker
: TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?

This above came from the Twain Log.

I used Search in Win 2000 & used (Scanner logs) for the search then found the Twain log.

Photo Shop works fine with all it's duties other than Twain. I need some guidence here. If I thought it was as easy as reloading the software I would do it. BTW both Scanners show up in device Mgr the flat bed showes up in the control panel & tests out OK. Firewire & USB 2.0 are both working & ok that's from Device Manager.

So all I have now is 1 flatbed scanned that when you click the Scan button it can't start or find the thunker & shuts down any Graphic program you try to get a Twain driver.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this problem.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-04, 02:28 PM
I would do as Chris would do and reinstall the driver.

Old 04-18-04, 06:07 PM
Thumbs up Reinstall the drivers.

chfite said: I would do as Chris would do and reinstall the driver.

Marturo did, & has a whole lot of scanning to catch up on now LOL.

Thanks Chris, I should know better than to read 1 case, & not at least try the logical choice

Miguel