New links and programs

Old 04-18-04, 06:27 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New links and programs

I just added two new links in the essentials folder:
WebRoot's Spysweeper:
http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/s...?rc=266&ac=417

and DiamondCS Regprot (registry protector)
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=regprot

feel free to download them and try them out.
regprot is an awesome program that tells you when something tries to add or change registry keys. That will stop alot of trojans,browser hijackings,spyware, and redirectors. it's a very small program and uses hardly anything for resources.

Spysweeper detects and removes spyware from your PC to protect you from identity theft, browser hijackers, hackers, keyloggers and Trojans.

in my never ending quest for better software, these two were very good. If you know of any other good programs that are free,send me a link to it and I will try it out. Also, if you know of any pages/sites that give you virus,trojans,browser hijackers, send those links to me as well. I will use them to test out the software. Man, the lengths I will go to to help ensure that the DIY users are the best protected and best helped!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-04, 04:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Re: New links and programs

Originally posted by tae
regprot is an awesome program that tells you when something tries to add or change registry keys. That will stop alot of trojans,browser hijackings,spyware, and redirectors. it's a very small program and uses hardly anything for resources.
What does it do, flash a message when something tries to write to the registry and wait for user response?

Old 04-19-04, 10:19 AM
tae
yeah, it pops up and tells you that something wants to add/change the registry, and what program it is. you then have the option to allow or not, or delete.