Installing two burners

Old 06-12-04, 04:33 PM
Roberto G
Visiting Guest
Installing two burners

I already have on my computer a CD drive and another CD burner that reads DVDs; I have just bought a DVD burner. Can I have the CD burner and the DVD burner installed on the same computer? Which should be made the master drive?

Old 06-12-04, 04:57 PM
tae
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yes as long as you have the connections for them, you can have all 3 plus your hard drive. The master is really going to be the "secondary master", as the hard drive will be the master. Either one will be ok, it usually is the one on the "end" of the ribbon cable. just remember which one it is, as that will be the "boot" cd if you ever need it.

Old 06-12-04, 06:07 PM
pielcanela
Visiting Guest
An advice when you install the 2 units

try to have the hard drive mounted on the Primary Master IDE and the cd burner and dvd burner on the Secundary Master IDE. This way your computer will improove on the burning speed.
Remember that on 1 of the burner you must setup the jumper on the unit that makes it master or slave. Keep in mind that if you are using the secondary Master IDE 1 burner must be master and the other one has to be setup to slave, otherwise it will not work.

Luis

Old 06-12-04, 07:45 PM
Roberto G
Visiting Guest
Thanks folks, I'll give it a burl

Thanks folks, I'll give it a burl

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: