tv tuner and video capture

Old 07-22-04, 10:44 PM
leomer
Visiting Guest
tv tuner and video capture

good day to everybody! i'm looking for a tv tuner with video capture which is not so expensive but the quality of video capturing is good. right now i got a ati tv wonder ve and i'm having a problem coz it has only one channel and the video capture is not good quality and i'm planning to get rid of it. do you have any suggestion what's the better software for my need and where could i find it? i got an emachine T2245 model ( XP ). thanks and more power to all. leo

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-04, 05:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, ATI All-In-Wonder's are pretty damn good overall, and are mainstream, high-quality video cards. My advice would be to use 'em. Even there newer 9800 Pro card has dropped below $200 I think, so getting a slightly older card (9600, 9000, 8500 series) should cost next to nothing and will do a great job.

Chris

Old 07-30-04, 10:07 PM
iSeal
Visiting Guest
I have the same card (ATI TV Wonder VE)... I am sort of intrigued by the "one channel" bit. The card supports 125 channels through a coaxial connection (which I can attest works rather well), as well as a connexant (sp?) connector for your video editing needs.

The quality is pretty good, though these factors might induce you to believe otherwise:
1. You configured to record at a low resolution/bandwidth, thus making the end result look crappy.
2. Your connection to the cable is poor.

As for the "one channel" thing, did you go through the setup wizard? It autoscans through all the available channels for you.