dreaded black screen??

Old 08-30-04, 06:28 PM
shakernva
Visiting Guest
dreaded black screen??

Last week my HP Pavillion 9360 suddenly went black screen-I tested the monitor on another computer and it works fine-The computer will light up, test drives, and sound like its booting up but monitor won't come on- the light keeps blinking which indicates it is not being recognized-
It is an E systems monitor but I have used it for long time on HP-
,Previously when trying to work out problems with AOL I checked systems and RAM (only 64) was in the red ..overloaded...I had been fooling around with changing modems but everything seemed to be working 'til.....black screen!
any suggestions? thanks a lot...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-04, 06:42 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Defective video card. You might try reseating the card to see if that will make a difference. Otherwise, replace the card.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-31-04, 07:10 AM
shakernva
Visiting Guest
Chris..thanks for your advice..I'll try it as soon as I figure out what a video card is!! lol.......I dont know much about these 'new fangled' thangs!!
thanks again..I appreciate it

Old 08-31-04, 08:17 AM
Churchguy
Visiting Guest
Just a thought, but do you have a spare monitor to test the computer with? In case it is something wrong with the monitor.

Old 08-31-04, 10:10 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your PC may or may not have a video card. (I am not familiar with your computer so I don't know for sure.)

The video is either supplied by a separate card that plugs into the computer bus or is supplied by on board drivers (hardware built into the motherboard). If your video card is bad then you need a new video card. If the on-board hardware is bad then you need to either replace the motherboard or you need to add a video card, and turn off the on board video.

First, decide if your system has a card or on-board video. Where does the monitor cable plug into? Does it plug into a card, or does it plug (indirectly) into the motherboard?