Couple of little things

Old 09-10-04, 12:37 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Couple of little things

I ran into a couple of problems I didn't have a solution for yesterday.

1. A Cannon PowerShot S50 and MaxOS 10 don't like to cooperate, regardless of what I tried. Works great on the same computer using MacOS 9.

2. I tried to setup of the content control that IE for MacOS10 has (the one that blocks adult stuff), but there is nothing there. The box is empty (it has the options on the other computer, they have 2 macs). I even installed IE again, but the information didn't come back. How do I bring it back? And how do you unistall something on a Mac? Do you just throw the folder in the trash? Maybe if I do that, then reinstall IE it will go back to it's default. Is there a better way (another program) to restrict such access on the Mac? As you could probably tell, Macs are not my specialty, or preference.

3. On a PC using WinXP, is there a way to take screen shots of DVD movies? Basically, we want to play a DVD, pause, then take a screen shot of that. I tried using the printscreen "feature", then copy into both Paint and PhotoShop, but when printing it will only print a black page (even though the preview shows fine). Is there a program that will do this?

Thanks,

George

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-04, 02:34 PM
tae
whatever software player you use should have a capture frame button. I use Roxio's DvdMax player, and it has a capture frame button. Cant help you with any of the mac stuff. Sorry.

Old 09-10-04, 07:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't want to "shoo" you away here, but I personally don't use a Mac and I doubt many people here do, unfortunately.

My advice would be to try a Mac specific forum.

http://forums.macnn.com/

Cheers,

Chris