Is Mozilla, thunderbid infected?

Old 09-12-04, 05:31 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is Mozilla, thunderbid infected?

I downloaded mozzila, thunderbird a few day ago. My pc started to act crazy. I did a virus scan and found I had ten. Before this happened I had none because I always check it frequently. I got rid of one, will have to work on the others. Be forewarded.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-04, 06:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't think it was Mozilla. There isn't any documentation about it anywhere in Bugzilla and you're the first person I've ever heard saying this. Very well could have been something else. Did you do anything else between your last virus scan and this one?

Chris

Old 09-12-04, 07:45 AM
B
bink

Well Chris, At first, I didn't think so but looking at the last program that I put on my machine was 'WebSecureAlert' after I put on Mozilla. I will look into it further. Boy, wierd things were happening. I would get websites that I never wamted, took four or five times to reboot the pc, etc. I used Norton Antivirus to scan my computer, it got rid of one. It said nine other were suspicious. I will investigate further. It is working a lot better today, almost like its' old self. Thanks for everything.

Old 09-12-04, 09:56 AM
tae
if you downloaded thunderbird from the official site, you should have no problems. if you installed it, and ran it, and got mail, the mail itself could of been infected. Did you setup any filters, or did you configure your antivirus to scan email with thunderbird?

Old 09-12-04, 10:25 AM
B
bink

No Tae, I did neither. I could not receive mail with thunderbird. I could send mail with it but couldm't receive any. I didn't investigate further. I usually just use IE but sometime I use my 'webmail' account which let me get my mail directly, without having to download from my e-mail account which is on a different server. This work well if I get mal-formed e-mail which cause IE to gag. Then I use webmail. The site for webmail is www.squirrel.com FYI.

Old 09-12-04, 03:06 PM
First, which antivirus software are you using?
Second, get rid of WebSecureAlert, it contains spyware.
Third. which viri was detected with the scan?

A good rule of thumb, anytime you see something like "Free, ad-supported - WebSecureAlert is free because it is supported by advertising from the GAIN Network" or something similare, you can be almost 100% sure that this great free software will install spyware on your system, stay away from it.

Old 09-15-04, 09:04 AM
las
Visiting Guest
thunderbird

My thunderbird mail Is working great
and It's working with I.E. also
I also have It set up to work with firefox
but presently the I.E. Is my default browser
and much to my surprise I find thunderbird
works also with the I.E
They say why fix It If It ain't broke!