logging on to internet

Old 09-12-04, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
logging on to internet

I am using windows xp with a dialup isp. I can connect to the web,but when i click on internet explorer it keeps prompting me to 'connect' to the
web isp. I checked the isp and it is running o.k. My opening window has always been Yahoo!. Another quirk is that i was able to click on internet
explorer and it would automatically prompt me to connect to my isp. now it doesn't.
For those that helped me with my CD burner issue, I think i finally fixed that,
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-04, 04:40 AM
R
Are you perhaps using a custom version of IE? Microsoft has allowed some companies to release custom versions of IE. These custom versions sometimes have added content specific to the ISP and some will only work with that one specific ISP. I suggest that you try uninstalling and then reinstalling IE *from the Windows CD, not from an ISP CD), or try installing another browser and see if that solves your problem.

Old 09-13-04, 12:06 PM
Thanks for your reply. I suspect that i may have inadvertently changed my settings somehow. I just was able to log on. this is whats been happening,sometimes i can,an hour later i can't.

Old 09-13-04, 01:19 PM
Well,it looks like ****pit error on my part again. After searching internet settings windows,i found a setting that had a 'lan' connection as the way to connect to the net. After changing to 'dial-up' things are fine now.
Thanks for your suggestions and help. I promise not to change things anymore,however, all this happened when i downloaded to MS SP 2
for windows XP. (not making excuses)