searching forums?

Old 09-14-04, 10:44 AM
greenn50
Visiting Guest
searching forums?

I am new as of yesterday and i'm trying to search the forums i am signed in but no search option?? help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-04, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The search and new post functions were taken away a good while back (and if you could search, you could find the numerous threads on it). Only the most elite posters get to use those tools now. Which is unfortunate, my posting dropped significantly once I could no longer see what new posts there were.

I actually had new posts search privies for about two days last week, then it magically disappeared again.

Old 09-16-04, 11:46 AM
greenn50
Visiting Guest
It would make more sence to have the search for the forums that way it would limit the repeat questions just my .02

Old 09-18-04, 04:53 PM
Rane Havuk
Visiting Guest
For me there is a search bar on the top part of the screen above the ad above the forum section and it seems to work. The new post button in the Quick Links does say that I don't have priviledges to use it. Odd, it must be too much of a strain on their system since I imagine there are a lot of new posts each day.

EDIT: This Announcement explains why we have trouble using the New Post function. You're all using Gecko-based Browsers(Netscape,Mozilla,Firefox) I suppose? I am. There is a conflict between these browsers and the forums.

http://forum.doityourself.com/announcement.php?f=28

Last edited by Rane Havuk; 09-18-04 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Eureka!