WinXP and my audio adapter...

Old 09-16-04, 07:49 PM
W
WGW
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
WinXP and my audio adapter...

I recently installed Windows XP Professional and all went well untill it tried to install my sound card. It's referred to as an "audio adapter CMI9330 C3D".
Try as I might, I can't find suitable drivers for the 4 instances of this adapter.
No CD and no web help

Suggestions besides getting used to no sound?

Question #2
The same operating system won't accept the driver for my Lexmark printer, saying that it's not a "signed" driver for WinXP. This being an older printer, the Lexmark people say they are'nt planning to supply a driver of this type. Is there a work around for this?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-04, 09:40 PM
tae
do you mean CMI 8330? that would be an old pci sound card from c-media. Drivers would be here:http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm
dont know if they will work on xp, but worth a shot. Of course, sound cards are pretty cheap nowadays.

saying that it's not a "signed" driver for WinXP.
just because it isnt signed, doesnt mean it wont work. get the latest available driver for it, and install it and see. if it doesnt work, time to get a new printer to go with the new software O.S.

Old 09-17-04, 03:53 AM
B
Often a driver for a different model printer from the same mfg. will work. You may not have full capabilities, but at leat you can print. I have an old HP printer that was like that. Used the driver recommended by XP and it works just fine.

Don't know about the sound card but a basic sound card is pretty cheap.

Old 09-17-04, 07:28 PM
W
WGW
Is this the best board for information on the web or what?
Thanks for the help Tae. I don't know why I had so much trouble finding a driver, but from the link you provided, I can now hear all those annoying Windows sound effects once again.

Tomorrow, I'll try the suggestion from BobF and see if I can get my printer working too.

Regards