Keeping computer insides clean

Old 09-20-04, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Keeping computer insides clean

Is there any product, presently on the market, ie: a small portable vacuum device, which will allow me to safely remove dust, lint, cat's hairs from the inside working area of my computer. I guess that it wouldn't need to be very powerful, the ability to move around a small suction type probe and sized small enough to be able to carry in my computer maintenance repair bag, which is about the size of a regular briefcase, both of these features would be important. Does anyone out there have any suggestions. Any assistance would be appreciated.!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-04, 06:44 PM
las
Visiting Guest
compressor

I've heard of a guy who uses a garage compressor every year
to blow his computers free from dust.I beleieve dust can hinder
the performance of a computer my dad use to fix radio and t.v. many many years ago and you would be surprised at how many of them worked great after the dust was blown out.He never charged much cause he said all I did was blow the dust out!

Old 09-20-04, 07:17 PM
Wink

Thanx, Las, for your suggestion to use a device which would blow dust & lint particles out of the computer works. I know that many computer accessory stores sell compressed air cans which would allow one to blow the offending particles out of the computer, And i used to use a similar type of product, many moons ago, when I did Camera Repairs. My reluctance to use this approach is due to the fact that I believe I would be simply be blowing all the crap out of the computer & into the surrounding area. It wouldn't be too long B4 it had probably settled back in there again. That's the reason that I wish to remove it by vacuuming. Thanx for your suggestion.

Old 09-20-04, 07:35 PM
C
The vacuum cleaners don't pull enough air to remove the dust and debris from the insides of computers. The important dust is on the heatsink and fan of the processor and the insides of the power supply.

We use compressed air, either in the can or from a compressor. Take the computer outdoors to blow it out, or you will have an impressive mess indoors.

Don't blow compressed air inside a CD or a DVD drive.

Check the computer every six months to see if it needs cleaning. Those that sit on the floor usually do.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-21-04, 04:30 AM
Vacuum cleaners can also create static, which can cause damage to your PC, do not use a vacuum! Compressed air is the best way, take it outside if need be.