spysweeper

Old 10-03-04, 11:36 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
spysweeper

Hello
Is anyone familiar with this program?
I bought the version 2.? which allowed for a free upgrade to 3.2. I have written tech support but they send 'encompassing' responses. My question has to do with the quarantine feature. As I understand it, when you sweep for spyware it is kept in a quarantine folder for you to remove or restore or after 30 days it gets dumped.
I click on the quarantine button but it is like a ghost page-no items are stored there and the buttons are not enabled to be activated or they don't respond to a click. Items appear under the options button. I have read the help to death but it still doesn't figure.
Hope to hear.
Thanx
Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-04, 04:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry, mate. Never used it myself.

Chris

Old 10-04-04, 06:17 AM
A
No offense meant here, but I don't know why anyone nowadays would pay for a spyware sweeping program, when the two best programs are available to download and use for free. They are Spybot - Search and destroy, and Adaware.

Keeping in mind that you can't return software for a refund, I would cut your losses and go and dowload those two programs. I run them both religiously at least once a week, and I've never had a problem with either (just make sure to keep them updated ).

Old 10-04-04, 06:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Peter,

I would have to agree with air bicuit here. Why pay for what you can get for free.

Chris

Old 10-04-04, 02:55 PM
C
We just run it and let it clean. I never bothered with examining the contents of the quarantine folder. Take care deleting everything it identifies as spyware. Be sure you know what it is deleting. As with Spybot Search and Destroy it may select files for removal that are important to the operation of your Windows computer.

Some of the features are available after registration. If that applies.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-04-04, 03:04 PM
P
spysweeper

Thank you all for your information. I got word others are having trouble also with the same version. I had spybot and ad aware but was told they put bugs in. They never really found the spies this program did but the quarantine feature is faulty. The retail store said if they can't get it to work they will refund the $.
Pete

Old 10-04-04, 03:27 PM
C
If you are having trouble with the program, uninstall it and install it again.

Old 10-04-04, 03:29 PM
P
spysweeper

Usually I do but in my other forum others are having the same trouble, Thank you.
Pete