Web Site Submissions

Old 10-03-04, 08:47 PM
family3
Visiting Guest
Web Site Submissions

I created my own website. Ohh Boy...
I used templates etc.
How do I add Meta Tags and Robots ( don't even know what -robots- are or what they look like ???)
Has anyone have a suggested web site submission site?
Site optimization ? etc
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-04-04, 07:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, family3... PM me with the URL to your site.

Secondly, regaring META tags, they would simply look something like this:

[code]
<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="content, must, be, seperated, by, commas, and, listed, as, seen, here"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
[/code]

Now... A suggested submission site? GOOGLE. GOOGLE. GOOGLE.

Did I mention Google?

Site optimization? Oh lord, there are a million techniques, but CSS is a start. I have to see the page to tell you anything.

PM me with the link, or go ahead and post it here is it's not a commercial site.

Cheers,

Chris

Old 10-04-04, 07:13 AM
Ok, the code isn't working... ARGH!!!

A META tag would look something like this:

< meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="content, must, be, seperated, by, commas, and, listed, as, seen, here" />

Chris

Old 10-07-04, 07:17 PM
family3
Visiting Guest
Help with WEBSITE !!! Please

Hey I tried and made a huge mistake. I bought my own web name and have it partially desinged. ( I am not a web desinger or even close )
My mistake was paying too much for my web site name, too much for my hosting and too much for submitting it to a site who is suppose to submit it for traffic..
I am not a computer knowledgle person but have a great product (s) to sell and tried.
I am simply baffled on how to get traffic to my site.
I paid a ton of buck to get it traffic and listing in allt he big sites.
Yea right.. My traffic count is higher in my own driveway ...sorry.....

I have read and read on meta tags, and did this myself, but it still is not driving people to my site. I cannot find it in 75, yep. 75 pages of google, 50 pages of yahoo I went through each and every page using my keywords and it is listed no where. I paid 89.00 to have it "BLASTED" to the top of search engines etc.
Nothing.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am willing to learn and learn but I am missing something. I see on other site that sells ALMOST similar items with a terrible looking site I cannot make out, ( LOADED UP WITH INFO )
and it is listed in the top 10 on each search engine I checked.

Is it my choice of keywords I put in the register site I bought? Is it the meta tags are wrong? Is it I need ot know how to get listed ? Do I need to have other sites banners on my site,
WHAT IS THE BEST SITE TO GO TO BUILT A WEBSITE AND THAT HAS GREAT TEMPLATES, THE ONE I AM USING IS TERRIBLE WITH THE TEMPLATES, VERY CONFUSING ETC ?)

Please help. I have spend alot of time ( which I dont mind ) and MONEy and have got nothing for it.

ANY help would be so muc appreciated!

Old 10-07-04, 09:19 PM
Have you tried to submit your site directly to the search engines? In years past, search engines like google would take submissions and then send a spider to crawl over your site to get the individual pages added. Other ways to get listed on search engines was to have other website add a link to your site. That way if a spider was crawling their site, it would do yours as it saw the link.

Good Luck!

Old 10-08-04, 09:10 AM
Two threads merged.

Chris

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: