Unknown Program

Old 10-25-04, 06:28 PM
Kushballz
Visiting Guest
Unknown Program

Hi all, I have windows xp and just last week I've been getting a lot of pop-ups. I ran ad-aware, Hijack This, toolbar cop, and cleaned out some stuff in the registry. But here's the problem. "ofoa.exe" This program opens itself when i'm online and launches pop-ups and. I have to manually close the program in the task manager and keep closing it over and over, until i'm done online. I searched google for the program name, and no results. I also searched the registry, and all that came up is my google toolbar search history. I'm stumped. I also searched the hard drive too. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kushballz

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-04, 06:42 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ofoa.exe
Where is this program your system?

Old 10-25-04, 07:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wow, yeah... Google had nada. Weird. It could be such a new problem that no one has gotten wind yet. Virus perhaps?

Dunno what to tell you. I'd wait a few days and then re-Google to see what happens then. If it IS something new, you might be the first person on earth to have it. Quite an honor, eh?

Wish I had something else for you...

Check back,

Chris

Old 10-25-04, 08:27 PM
tae
go here:
http://www.giantcompany.com/(hclgrcedby43ir55pln3fx2b)/download.aspx?skip=true&prodID=70
and download the trial of GIANT antispyware. set it up, update it, and select yes to the joining of spynet. run a full scan, and let us know.
if that doesnt get it, run cwshredder, and then if that doesnt get it, post a hijack this log here.

Old 10-25-04, 08:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also try <a href="http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spysweeper/index.php?rc=1655">Spy Sweeper from Webroot.com</a>

I had something of the same sort (didn't have the ofoa.exe file, but pop-ups and crap) the other day and SpyBot, AdAware, and several other programs couldn't get it - Spy Sweeper took care of it. I was starting to get pissed.

You may also want to try the other programs in the Essential Free Downloads thread at the top of the Computer Forum.

Good luck!

Last edited by SafeWatch; 11-22-04 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-25-04, 09:56 PM
tae
yeah,there are a couple programs that generate random letters each time it starts.