Dull monitor

Old 12-31-04, 08:16 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dull monitor

I have a 19" Sony G410 monitor that has a picture that is very dull. After messing with the contrast and brightness the best I can get is is dark grays, not true blacks. The Sony G400 I have at work is much more vivid. I have had this monitor for about 1-2 years and it seems to have gotten worse.The best I can get is with the Brightness at 0 and the contrast at 100.

Is this repairable? Is it time for a new monitor? I'd like a flat panel but it's not in the budget right now.

thanks

Last edited by Gonegolfin; 12-31-04 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-31-04, 12:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Your tube is crapping out... Yes, it's fixable, but perhaps not financially worth it. Get an electronics repair place to look at it and give you a quote (it's NOT a DIY job). Then weigh that cost versus a new LCD.

Chris

Old 12-31-04, 01:36 PM
G
What ticks me off is the monitor I have at work is older than the one I have at home. Is that all I can expect for the 1-2 years?

Old 12-31-04, 02:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A monitor should definitely last longer than that. You might also be under warranty. 3 years is not unheard of for a monitor warranty.

Chris

Old 12-31-04, 03:22 PM
C
Originally Posted by Gonegolfin
What ticks me off is the monitor I have at work is older than the one I have at home. Is that all I can expect for the 1-2 years?

I've seen monitors go out in a few months. My mothers monitor is 10 years old and still working fine. It's just like everything else. A Sony should last longer than this, and I would *definately* check to see if its still under warranty. Most monitors just have 1 year, but the better brands (I would consider Sony a better brand) often have up to 3 years...

Old 12-31-04, 07:18 PM
Rose Kindred
Visiting Guest
I had a 15 inch monitor that got dull grays and no blacks, much like your describing, same with lines across the screen with those lines being the 'true' colors. It had only lasted about 13 months, I do not remember the brand though, doubt it was high end, it was a kinda cheaper thing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: