visioneer one touch 8900 usb scanner

Old 12-31-04, 11:14 AM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
visioneer one touch 8900 usb scanner

having problems getting it to work i get a message that says unable to connect w scanner. i downloaded its software to be able to run this scanner. im using windows xp 80gb on a 56k modem please help thanks.

Old 12-31-04, 12:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have no personal experience with TIS scanner, but oftentimes the mfgrs force you to install it a certain way, usually software first, then a reboot, then plugging it in. My advice is to uninstall whatever you've installed, and make sure you follow their instructions to the letter. Post back.

Chris

Old 12-31-04, 10:21 PM
tae
yeah, the drivers must be installed in the right order. also, is it plugged in? have you tried using a different usb port? cables all tight and plugged in?

Old 01-01-05, 07:58 AM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
visioneer scanner

yes the usb cable are plugged in tight and secure and ac plugged in and scanner is turned on did like you said uninstalled & re installed its software according to instructions but still says unable to connect and also tried another usb cable same thing happens unable to connect

Old 01-01-05, 08:20 AM
Could simply be a defective scanner. If you've followed instructions, and tried different cables and different ports, it's probably a dud. Get it replaced.

Chris

Old 01-01-05, 08:33 AM
S
Originally Posted by WorldBuilder
Could simply be a defective scanner. If you've followed instructions, and tried different cables and different ports, it's probably a dud. Get it replaced.
My thoughts too. If you've tried installing it 2 or 3 times to the T and still get no results (the computer should at least pop-up something saying USB device found, etc.), then it could be bad.

If it was purchased at a big name retailer (or even a small shop) take it in and have them hook it up on their computers - actually, make them hook it up. If it doesn't work, they'll replace it. If it does work, then you know it may be something with your computer.

POE (Process Of Elimination) - try the same scanner on a different computer, try a different scanner on your computer, try a new cable, etc. Keep doing this until you eliminate all factors but one.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: