System Restored Laptop and Can't Use Mouse Now

Old 01-02-05, 01:31 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
System Restored Laptop and Can't Use Mouse Now

I went to system restore and moved the restoration date to an earlier date and when I tried to operate the computer again, the mouse arrow wouldn't move. The only way to shut off the computer was to turn it off at the switch. Turned it on again and still the mouse was inoperative. I guess I should mention that I had a disk in the laptop while it was restoring. You think that had something to do with the bad mouse arrow? Any easy suggestions on how I can get the laptop operating again? Thanks, John

Old 01-02-05, 02:50 PM
C
Is this XP?

Old 01-02-05, 04:31 PM
P
Yes, it's XP. I ordered drivers and haven't rec'd them yet-maybe I need to reload?? Thanks

Old 01-02-05, 04:57 PM
R
To find mouse drivers you either load them from the installation CD, or you download them from the hardware manufacturers website or Microsoft's web site. Waiting for a hardware manufacturer to send them to you just adds time.

However, unless this is a very special mouse, the drivers built into Windows XP should work just fine. Sounds like something else may be wrong.

Does the laptop have a built in mouse, or trackball, or pointing device of some sort? Is it this built in device that doesn't work, or is it an external mouse?

Old 01-02-05, 05:08 PM
P
I loaded a Kennsington mouse and it "worked" fine

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: