hp scanjet4200c scanner

Old 01-05-05, 01:09 PM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
hp scanjet4200c scanner

bought this scanner today when i scan pictures they come up blank on my computer monitor. please help thanks.

Old 01-05-05, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi
cherck your setting.see if you have white background check somewhere

cheers

Old 01-05-05, 03:25 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are, of course, placing the photos face down on the glass, right?

Old 01-05-05, 05:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
My guess is that you are scanning in transparent mode. Most scanners now have transparency adapters for slides, etc. If you have that option set, it's trying to scan something that isn't there, hence your problem.

Check through the software settings for something like that.

Chris

Old 01-05-05, 07:55 PM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
hp scanjet 4200-c scanner

thats what its doing trying to scan something that isnt there pictures are face down on the glass. i try to scan them several times one time i,ll get yellow black & blue lines. another time the screen will turn all yellow. and another time the screen will be all white. please tell me how to set my scanner for transparency so pictures can come up when i scan them. thanks

Old 01-05-05, 07:58 PM
No, you DON'T want transparency set. Transparency is for slides, negatives and well, transparent things. Actual pictures are not transparent.

I think you might have a bad scanner. Is the software installed correctly? The driver?

The variable nature of what you're getting tells me that the scanner itself might be bad, though...

If I recall, the 4200 is an older model, like 4 years or so. Is that what you have?

Chris

Old 01-06-05, 05:16 AM
B
Where in the process does the picture come up blank?
No - this isn't a silly question. If all is set up correctly, you should see a preview on your monitor. Is this what is blank? Or is this ok and when you bring up the pic with photo software, it is blank?

What software are you using to trigger the scan? A button on the scanner, the scanner software, or other photo software?

Are you trying to send the scan to other software (such as a word processor or graphics software?) and that is blank?

Can you print on it?

Old 01-06-05, 12:29 PM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
hp scanjet 4200-c scanner

hello i,m doing one more attempt by downloading the driver for this scanner. it is a 4hour process.

Old 01-07-05, 02:13 PM
DanHoagy
Visiting Guest
hp scanjet4200c scanner

hello folks finally got scanner working it was the ac adapter that came with it at purchase that caused the scanner to go heywire. so i,m using ac adapter that i used on my visioneer scanner and it works now.

Old 01-08-05, 07:19 PM
Threads merged. Pleas refrain from starting a new thread about the same topic, just post in the original thread. Thank you.

Chris

Old 01-08-05, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by DanHoagy
hello folks finally got scanner working it was the ac adapter that came with it at purchase that caused the scanner to go heywire. so i,m using ac adapter that i used on my visioneer scanner and it works now.
LOL! Weird things happen sometimes. Glad you got it working, mate.

Chris

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: