cable internet

Old 01-21-05, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cable internet

Hi guys. I just got Cox High Speed Internet Installed on one computer. Will I be able to connect my second computer to the first one via wireless connection if it is running Mandrake 9.1?
Thanks

Old 01-21-05, 06:04 PM
The easiest method would be to use a wireless broadband router connected to your cable modem, then install a wireless network card into the PC you want to be wireless.

Old 01-21-05, 07:26 PM
C
You can set it up, but you will need two NICs for the currently connected commputer. One of them ethernet and one wireless. The other computer will need a wireless card. The connected computer needs to have the ethernet connection set up correctly. Once this is set up, you can run the internet connection sharing procedure in Configure Your Computer / Mandrake Control Center. Set up the second card, the wireless card as the LAN to which the other computer will connect.

For the wireless computer, run the internet connection procedure in the Configure Your Computer/ Mandrake Control Center. For this run, select set up a network connection and select the wireless connection option.

Check to be sure that your wireless card is compatible with your operating system.

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/hardware.php3

There may be other compatible cards. For laptops, cardbus cards are generally more often compatible than the ones built-in.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: